Hiring Terms & Conditions
a) The “Owner” is The Backdrop Boutique
b) The “Hirer” refers to the person, firm or corporation hiring equipment from the Owner.
c) “Equipment” and “Hire Item” means all the equipment and accessories supplied to the Hirer.
- All Hire Items are the property of The Owner. The Owner retains the right to alter, vary or substitute any item without notice.
- All Hire Items are subject to stock availability.
- The Owner reserves the right to update any terms and conditions without notifying individuals.
- Any updates that affect your current bookings will be relevant from the date they were updated.
FEES & HIRE PERIOD
- The amount quoted is for one hire period only.
- The hire period is 3days for 1 (one) individual booking.
- All prices quoted are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and are exclusive of GST.
- The Owner reserves the right to change the price in the event of a variation to an existing quotation.
- Where payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to cancel the hire order and make the goods available to rehire to other customers.
- The Hirer agrees to pay the Owner’s hire charge, and any other charges applicable.
- The Hirer shall keep and maintain the Hire Items during the term of the rental, at their own cost and expense. They shall maintain the Hire Items in a good state of repair and return the Hire Items in the same condition as when they were hired, with only normal wear and tear expected.
- The Hirer shall pay the Owner full compensation for replacement and/or repair of any Hire Items in instances such as: the Hire Items are not returned due to loss or theft; any Hire Items are returned damaged and in need of repair or replacement (with only normal wear and tear expected).
- The Hirer will, during the period of hiring, keep the Owner’s Hire Items in their possession and the Hirer shall make good any loss or damage to the Owner’s Hire Items by replacing the Owner’s Hire Items at the full replacement value of the Hire Items in question.
- The Hirer agrees to completely indemnify the Owner or the Owner’s agent in respect of all and any claims by any persons whatsoever for the injury to persons or damage of property caused by or in connection with such of the Owner’s Hire Items that have been retained by the Hirer and not rejected on delivery.
CANCELLATIONS & TERMINATIONS
- The Owner reserves the right at any time upon reasonable grounds to terminate this contract and to repossess the Hire Items, the subject of this agreement.
- Any Hire Items delivered then cancelled, will be charged at the full rate including delivery fee for collection.
- Hire Items cancelled by the Hirer less than 2 days prior to booking date will be charged a cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of the full rate.
- Bookings cancelled on the same day they have been booked to be picked up will be charged 100% of booking rate and offered store credit to 50% of the full amount. The credit is valid for 1 year since the booking date.
- No show is classed as a last minute cancellation and the hirer is liable to pay the full rate of items booked.
- If you cancel at any point after making payment there will be a minimum cancellation and admin fee of 25% charged and you will be refunded 75% of the payment made within 5 working days.
- Refunds will not be applicable to cancellation of any custom-made items.
- The Hirer must return equipment at the time or date agreed upon with the Owner. Any late returns will be charged at the full hire rate for every day late + a retrieval fee of $40 (location dependent).
- No allowance will be made for any Hire Items or portion thereof which is claimed not to have been used. Acceptance of returned Hire Items by the Owner does not constitute a waiver of any of the rights the Owner has under the rental agreement and these terms and conditions.
- The Hirer shall not pledge or encumber the Hire Items in any way. The Owner may terminate this agreement immediately upon the failure of the Hirer to make payments when due, or upon the Hirer’s filing for protection from creditors in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- These terms are accepted by the Hirer upon confirmation of the booking.
End of Terms & Conditions.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to cancellations and refunds.